Race Equality 2017
I was brought in as a consultant by Operation Black Vote to lead the #raceequality2017 general election project.
- I oversaw the development of the campaign site: www.raceequality2017.org.uk including creating content and supervising designers.
- I created the first draft of the race equality manifesto, circulated to a coalition of partner organisations, collated feedback and published the results: www.raceequality2017.org.uk/race-equality-plan-for-britain
- I researched, wrote and published a comprehensive study on the impact of the BME vote on the 2017 snap general election: www.raceequality2017.org.uk/power-of-the-black-vote
Colour of Power
I took a lead role in this project, in partnership with The Guardian and Green Park Ltd
- I played a leading role in developing the campaign website and populating it with content: www.thecolourofpower.com
- I liaised closely with The Guardian in the development of data that lead to this coverage:
- Lead article: https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/sep/24/revealed-britains-most-powerful-elite-is-97-white
- Supplementary article: www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/sep/24/who-are-36-bame-people-uk-1000-most-powerful?CMP=twt_gu
- Guardian explainer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=71&v=I-7UfZvlfFY
- Methodology: https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/sep/24/how-did-we-create-the-list-of-britains-1000-most-powerful-people